Week 3
This week I had the privilege to continue collaborating with a colleague in my district to design an outline for an asynchronous professional learning course focusing on integrating the Triple E Framework and Cognitive Coaching while using Successaker as a supplement for reading and math in the elementary grades while aligning with the ISTE Standards. I will create an outline explaining how I will do so. After reading the article “Finally, Some Guidance! Using the Triple E Framework to Shape Technology Integration” I realize how important it is to make sure educators understand The goal of the framework is to ensure that technology use supports student engagement, and then, while students are engaged, learning is enhanced and extended by technology (Gaer & Reyes, 2022)
Here are some of my ideas…
Module 1 - I will introduce the Triple E Framework
Module 2 - I will introduce the ISTE Standards
Module 3 - Since the teachers in the district have been introduced to Successmaker, I will go over the features used to support personalized student learning.
I will be the lead learner/coach in the professional learning, using the Cognitive Coaching approach. Cognitive Coaching is all about producing self-
directed learners and leaders with the disposition for continuous, lifelong learning(Costa & Garmston, 2015). As the coach, I need to demonstrate how Successmaker can address specific learning needs for their students by pulling the data provided in the program. I will allow the educators time for collaboration and provide hands-on learning scenarios.
I believe this will encourage educators to create a collaborative learning environment that helps students deeply engage with the Triple E Framework, ISTE Standards, and Successmaker.
The following ISTE Coaching Standards were addressed:
4.1a Create a Shared Vision - Create a shared vision and culture for using technology to learn and accelerate transformation through the coaching process.
4.1b Ensure Equitable use of Tools & Content - Facilitate equitable use of digital learning tools and content that meet the needs of each learner.
4.1c Cultivate a Supportive Coaching Culture - Cultivate a supportive coaching culture that encourages educators and leaders to achieve a shared vision and meet individual goals.
4.2a Deepen Expertise Through Professional Learning - Pursue professional learning that deepens expertise with the ISTE Standards to serve as a model for educators and leaders.
4.2c Commit to Continuous Improvement - Establish shared goals with educators, reflect on successes and continually improve coaching and teaching practice.
4.3.a - Cultivate Coaching Relationships - Establish trusting and respectful coaching relationships that encourage educators to explore new instructional strategies.
4.5.a Design Quality Professional Learning - Design professional learning based on needs assessments and frameworks for working with adults to support their cultural, social-emotional and learning needs.
4.6.a Facilitate Data Collection and Analysis - Coaches model best practices for educators and leaders for securely collecting, protecting and analyzing student data.
4.6.b Help Educators Interpret Data - Support educators to interpret qualitative and quantitative data to inform their decisions and support individual student learning.
Gaer, S., & Reyes, K. (2022). Finally, Some Guidance! Using the Triple E Framework to Shape Technology Integration. Adult Literacy Education, 4(3), 34–40.
Kolb, L. (2020, December 9). Triple E Framework. Triple E Framework. https://www.tripleeframework.com/
Costa, A. L., Garmston, R. J., Hayes, C., & Ellison, H. (2015). Cognitive Coaching: Developing Self-Directed Leaders and Learners. Rowman & Littlefield.
International Society for Technology in Education. (2024). ISTE standards | ISTE. Iste.org. https://iste.org/standards


1 Comments:
Hi Melody!
It looks like you have put a lot of thought into designing your course! I like that you are creating activities where teachers will work together and practice with hands-on activities. I think that interaction will be super helpful. Your plan looks awesome, and I’ll be checking back to see how it goes as we develop our courses!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home